Copyrights: Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a copyright and what type of work can be protected by it?
- What are my company's rights as the owner of both published and unpublished works?
- Can a copyright protect an idea?
- What steps do we need to take to protect our works as copyrights?
- Should copyright notices still be used?
- What is a proper copyright notice?
- If we hire someone to produce a work, who owns the copyright?
- How long does copyright protection last?
- We previously registered our product's artistic design at the U.S. Copyright Office. A competitor has just started to undersell us by using our design. Can we stop them? Can we get our attorneys' fees back?
- Do we have to litigate to stop the copyright infringer?
Comparison of Architectural Designs (Mall Stores)
The Yankee Candle v. New England Candle Co.,
1997 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 23099 (D. Mass. 1997).