Licensing Intellectual Property Webinar
People oftentimes think that patents and trademarks are only good for gaining a competitive edge in the marketplace, by preventing others from practicing what's patented or branded. However, patents, trademarks, and other forms of intellectual property can be great sources of additional income, through IP licensing. In fact, the use of license agreements, which spell out the terms for allowing someone to use another's IP, can create a "win-win" situation for all involved – income for the IP owner, and a new, expanded, or improved product line for the company taking the license.
Licensing your brand, for example, can create a revenue stream for different products than yours, or in different countries. That's basically pure profit.
Specifically, you will learn:
- different types of IP licenses
- what you can expect to gain from such licenses
- anatomy of IP license agreements
- identifying potential licensees and licensors
- the stages of a IP licensing deal – from initial contact and negotiation to preparing the license agreement itself
Who Should Attend
- Chief Executive Officers
- Vice Presidents of R&D
- Vice Presidents of Marketing
- In-House Counsel