The Basics of Patents Webinar
While patents can give you a competitive edge in the marketplace – it is important to be selective in the types of patent application you file, and where. For example, informal provisional applications can be filed at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office to preserve your patent filing rights, both domestic and international, for one year. That way you can decide, after trade shows or other customer feedback, whether or not to file for "regular" U.S. and foreign patents. This webinar will teach you the basics of patents, as well as how to use the U.S. and international patent systems cost-effectively.
Specifically, you will learn:
- What is a patent?
- types of patents, with examples
- territorial scope of patents
- deadline to file a patent application
- how to use provisional patent applications to preserve filing rights
- how to wait (up to 30 months) before deciding whether to file for foreign patents
- how to cut costs for foreign patent applications – where and how to file
Who Should Attend
- Chief Executive Officers
- Vice Presidents of R&D
- Vice Presidents of Marketing
- In-House Counsel